Quest Killarney is a one-day multi adventure sport race. It takes place in the Gap of Dunloe and Killarney National Park. With 5 different routes to choose from. This is one race you can’t miss!
A one-day individual
unsupported adventure race across Ireland’s highest mountains and the toughest cycle
routes in the South West, along the Wild Atlantic Way. Quest 12/24
is for those who wish to test their physical and mental toughness to overcome
everything that the Wild Atlantic Way could throw at them.
Formally the Helly Hansen Killarney Adventure Race, it is now recognised as Ireland's best one day multi-adventure sport race.
Run, kayak and cycle some of the world's most dramatic landscapes in the wilds of Kerry with 5 different course routes to suit all levels of fitness. The Quest Killarney Adventure Race is an adrenalin packed challenge taking place in the adventure capital of Ireland - Killarney, Co. Kerry.
Starting at the foothills of Ireland's highest mountain range, the McGillcuddy Reeks, the route encompasses the Gap of Dunloe, the Black Valley, Ring of Kerry, Moll's Gap, the Torc Waterfall, the Lakes of Killarney, the Devil's Punch Bowl, Mangerton Mountain and Muckross House.
It is for everyone
It’s not just the grizzly hard adventurers that take part in these races. People of all levels of fitness participate, as most adventure races have different routes, distances and disciplines to suit all. You can do it.
Be blown away by the scenery
Adventure races such as Dingle. Achill, Gaelforce and Killarney take places in some of Ireland’s remotest and iconic locations including Slea Head, Killarney National Park and Croagh Patrick. Competitors can embrace the unspoiled beauty and breathing scenery of the mountains, valleys and lakes.
Weekend away with the gang
Adventure Races are a great excuse to plan an exciting weekend away with friends and like-minded people. You can push your body to the max and compete against your friends. Enjoy the after party, great food and banter.
It is really friendly
Adventure races differ from any other type of events. It is not as competitive as a triathlon or road race. Competitors can enjoy kayaking, cycling and running at their own pace. Adventure Races are noted for their friendly, fun and supportive atmosphere. If you get a flat tyre or run out of water you will have plenty of people who will stop to help you out.
It is a huge achievement
For most people adventure races are more about finishing the race rather than speed. It can take between 2hr-8hr to complete an adventure race. There is a huge sense of achievement when you cross the line covered in dirt, wet socks and adrenaline pumped body.
Make an adventure race your goal this year.
You can enter either as an individual or as a 2/3/4 person relay team.
Register today: http://killarneyadventurerace.com/register/
It is one race you can't miss this year! Places are limited so register online now.
Location: Killarney, Co. Kerry
– Customised finishers medal
– Customised event cycle jersey
– The famous Japanese hot tubs at the finish line
– Prizes in all categories
– Massage at finish line
– Free after party and food voucher.
– Kayak rental
– A great atmosphere and a fun day out
– Fully marshalled course
Before the race:
· All relay team members must collect their race packs together at The INEC Killarney on Friday the 30th of September.
· Each relay team will receive one race number and timing chip.
· All relay team members will receive a finisher’s medal and custom made race t-shirt.
· Each relay team members must carry the mandatory kit at all times.
· You must decide before the race who will be doing each stage of the race.
· All relay team members must come to the Gleneagle Hotel at the allocated wave time. There will be a wave start especially for all the relay teams. A bus will transfer all relay team member to the start line.
· Your 1st relay team member will start the race with the timing chip and race number.
· Other team members can see of the 1st team member at the start line.
· After the race starts the remaining team members will be transported to the 1st transition area at Kate Kearney’s to wait for your 1st team member to come in.
· The Race number and timing chip will them be transferred in the Bike transition area to the 2nd member of the relay team. Your 2nd team member will then complete the 2nd stage of the route on the bike.
· We will then transfer your 1st team member and the remaining team member to the 2nd transition area at Torc Waterfall.
· Team members can then wait at this transition to transfer the number and timing chip for the team members who are completing the Kayak stage, mountain run stage and final bike stages of the route.
· Remaining members can then walk to the finish line where they can see the final member of the team cross the finish line and all team members will then receive a medal and post race refreshments.
Race Rules & Guidelines:
· Once entered no refunds, transfers or credit can be offered for cancellations for the events.
· Mandatory Kit must be worn or carried as appropriate and as specified
· There are no road closures for the cycling routes competitors must follow the road traffic laws
· All competitors must follow the prescribed route
· Checkpoints must be visited in the correct order
· Obey the environmental policy. Any competitor found littering by race marshals or fellow competitors can be reported and disqualified
· Respect the local environment
· Assist any persons who are in difficulty and report it to closest race marshall
· Competitor’s must enter the Elite wave to win the overall category prizes
· The Race Director’s decision is final
· Competitors must be over 18yrs to take part in this event
· In the event of inclement weather the organisers have the right to alter the route on the day of the event
Online registration are subject to an online registration fee.
2. By Post
3. Local Shops
O’Sullivan’s Outdoor Shop, New Street, Killarney.