Golf And Fishing Club are three fine golf courses worthy of play. If you are
any where near Killarney these courses provide a wonderful breather from the
arduous near by links.
the edge of the wonderful town of Killarney, on the banks of the brooding lake
called Lough Leane, across from the point when Macgillicuddy`s Reeks meets the
water, there are three lovely golf courses: Killeen, Mahoney’s Point and
Lackabane. Together they are known as Killarney Golf and Fishing Club.
All three courses are built to modern specifications with sand-based greens and tree-lined, undulating fairways. Killeen is considered the flagship course of the club. It reopened in June 2006 and is slightly longer with faster greens, which have been brought closer to the water hazards around the course. Long accurate shots will be rewarded on this course.
While Mahony’s Point is the most scenic and friendly of our 3 courses, it is enjoyable and challenging to golfers of all standards. The combination of undulating greens, well-positioned bunkers and water hazards ensure that there is enough danger to spoil a good round.
Lackabane is the newest
of the three courses and opened for play in 2000. Lakes and streams are
featured throughout the length and breadth of the course, adding to the beauty
and danger in equal measure. This course is best suited to mid- to low-handicap
golfers and is an excellent test of the long game.
· Caddy Hire: Yes
· Club Professional: David Keating
· Course Designer: Killeen: E Hackett/W O'Sullivan; redesign Tom McKenzie; Mahony's Point: Henry Longhurst/Guy Campbell; Lackabane: Donald Steel
· Course Type: Parkland
· Holes: 54
· Opening Times: 7.30am, 7 Days
· Par: 69
· Practice Green: Yes
· Pro Shop: Yes
· Course Distance: Killeen 6,566m; Mahony's Point 6,164m; Lackabane 6,410m
· Visitor Tee Times: Visitor tee website: www.killarney-golf.com;
Visitors are welcome every day
Address: Mahonys Point, Lackabane, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Length: 6,631 m
Phone: +353 64 663 1034
Course record: David Feherty (65, 1991)
Total holes: 18
Established: 1893, 123 years ago